I turned 43 today.
I feel a bit like Forrest Gump sitting on a bench, reflecting on what I’ve learned in my life. (Cue music and feather floating in the air.)
Here are 12 Life Lessons I’ve Learned in 43 Years.
1) Giving is better than receiving. Serving others brings great joy.
2) You can’t change other people, but you can change yourself.
3) Life is better when you focus on your strengths instead of your weaknesses.
4) Starting each day with gratitude leads to greater perspective and a happier life.
5) Words are powerful. They can be used to shape people’s futures, for better or for worse.
6) Money doesn’t buy happiness. (But it can be a blessing when you use it in the right ways.)
7) Everybody needs encouragement. People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.
8) Life can be hard at times. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
9) Everybody is in the people business. Most of our success in life is built around how well we interact with others.
10) Life is not meant to be boring. Have fun and create adventures.
11) A marriage of your dreams is possible. Dating your spouse and learning their “love language” are keys to creating it.
12) God is faithful.
Bonus: Chipotle is better than Moe’s. (Moe’s fans, please refer to #2)
What has been the best advice you’ve ever received? Would you share it in the comments below?